Already as a child my fingers found the way to creativity. To cut out, to glue, to paint, I loved to transform everything within my reach.
As a young mother, I stayed home to take care of my children.
I sewed clothes for my family for 10 years.
I also did silk painting, cristal engraving,I created jewelry and cut out paper laces… with an unquenchable desire to learn.
When I discovered contemporary patchwork, I discovered a way of expressing myself that suited me perfectly.
But because of my work and lack of time, I often left "for later" projects that whirled within me.
I learned from life that tomorrow did not belong to me and since then I integrated the creating of my textile paintings into my daily activities.
With my husband, we run in Alsace a marvelous flower garden where hundreds of butterflies roam in freedom. Being so close to nature changed my approach to colors and movement. It is also an inexhaustible well of creativity.
My patchworks are a way to express my love for life,my faith, and my willingness to never give up whatever the challenges...
With a diploma as Young Children's Educator and autodidact for all my artistic activities, I have nevertheless chosen to take courses for techniques in patchwork, to acquire the necessary "tools" to implement my creativity.
from 2006 to 2009 :
- basic courses in patchwork machine technique on sewing machine.
from 2009 to 2013 various artistic workschop with :
- Ina Georgeta Statescu
- Noriko Endo
- Lenore Crawford
- Katie Pasquini Masopust
- Uta Lenk
- Hilde Van Schaardenburg
- Libby Lehman
- Philippa Naylor
- May 2009 : Exposition at Beblenheim (Alsace)
- June 2009 : Exposition at “Arts & Textiles”, Ste.Marie aux Mines (Alsace)
- September 2009 : International Show of the European Crossroads , Ste.Marie aux Mines;Kaleidoscope” Award for “ZEBRA”
- Exposition at the Butterfly Garden (Jardins des Papillons), Hunawihr (Alsace)
- May 2010: Quiltfestival Show at Wilwerwitz, Luxembourg; 1st prize with “ART-BRE”
- EQA colors connection Show “MAGMA” selected for France
- In 2010 and 2011, expositions at “Rue des Arts”, Barr (Alsace)
- May 2011 : Exposition in a chapel in Colmar (Alsace); inauguration of the work “VITRAIL”
- Exposition at inaugural weekend for the children’s home “Rayon de Soleil”, Guebwiller (Alsace)
- July 2012 : Exposition at the Linen Festival in Normandy
- France patchwork show, with “EN MOUVEMENT”
- contest EQA 2012 with CROSS-ROAD
- April 10-14, 2013 : Exposition at “Koïfus”, Colmar (Alsace)
- Since 2009, co-organization with Nadia Stumpf and participation in the annual challenge presented at the “Jardins des Papillons” mid-July to mid-August
- September 2014, "Champagne" and "Red Poppies" exposed to the Carrefour Européen du Pachwork at Ste Marie Aux Mines.
- From April 25 to May 10, 2015 : Exposition at the Château de Pertusier at Morteau.
- September 16-19, 2015, Carrefour Européen du Patchwork : Exposition at the church of Rombach Le Franc.
- Best of Show with "WHY" at OEQC, Maastricht 2015.
- October 20-23, 2016 exposition at OEQC Maastricht.
- June 16 - August 31, 2017 featured quilter at Art and History Museum Brigham City Utah